Innamincka Hotel is in the remote far North East of South Australia. 15 hours from Adelaide the road is unsealed for the last 500km. The Hotel comprises a heritage bar, large restaurant, 14 room motel, staff accommodation and a laundry.
- 200kWp of solar PV and 430kWh nominal capacity Hitachi Battery bank
- Diesel runtime reduced from 24hrs / day to 3-4hrs / day (winter)
- Reduced fuel consumption from 500-600 Litres/day to 100-150 Litres per day
- Expensive routine diesel maintenance reduced from four to one time per month.
- Investment payback approx. 4 years, then approx. 80% of total Hotel energy requirement is free for remaining system life
- System expected life - 17 years with Hitachi AVRLAbattery [with Nano carbon] / 25 years Sola
- BESS battery bank comprises six (6) x 50kWh (usable) clusters. Each cluster includes 6 x Hitachi LL1500AS8 modules connected to SMA 24kW rated three phase sunny island cluster.